Our men's first-team squad are back for pre-season training this week.
Our medical team have provided the following update on current injuries ahead of our behind closed doors pre-season match at MK Dons.
Left knee. Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee during Chelsea (h) on December 29.
Latest update on Calum:
- Continues to work hard with our rehab and medical teams
- Programme in forthcoming weeks will continue with running outside and light ball work
- Aiming to be back in full training as soon as possible this calendar year
Right knee. Sustained moderate ligament sprain during Brighton and Hove Albion (a) on June 20.
Now back in full training available for selection.
Left ankle. Sustained significant sprain to ankle ligaments during Manchester City (a) on June 17.
Latest update on Pablo:
- Progressing well and has now stepped up rehab work at London Colney
- Has started running inside, alongside gym and pool work
- Aiming to return to full training in September
Left knee. Sustained injury during training on June 21.
Latest update on Gabi:
- Successful arthroscopic procedure undertaken to repair a lesion in the cartilage of the left knee
- Has been receiving extensive treatment and support from our medical team every day at London Colney in the early stages of recovery
- Is currently in Brazil visiting family and following a tailored daily rehab and fitness programme
- Is due back in the UK on August 31
- On return will step up his rehab with the aim of a return to full training by the end of the calendar year
Right hamstring sustained during Emirates FA Cup semi-final on July 18.
Latest update on Musti:
- Successful small procedure completed soon after injury
- Has made positive progress, is now off crutches with good mobility
- Has returned from a short family break and is now working hard with our rehab team at London Colney
- The current focus for the near future will be on indoor work in the pool, treadmill running and gym work
- Aiming to return to full training in October
Integrating well since joining in the close season.
Fully fit and available for selection.
As part of Premier League protocol, all members of our first team squad and support staff continue to be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Copyright 2020 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.