Here's the latest update from our medical team ahead of Sunday's Premier League clash with Aston Villa.
Updates since our last game:
Right knee. Sustained knock and bruising to right knee in training ahead of Thursday’s match against Molde. Aiming to return to full training next week.
No further issues from Thursday’s match.
Continued status on longer-term injuries:
Left knee. Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee during Chelsea (h) on December 29.
Latest update on Calum:
- Now back in full training and progressing well towards full match fitness.
Left ankle. Sustained significant sprain to ankle ligaments during Manchester City (a) on June 17.
Latest update on Pablo:
- Continuing outside running and strengthening programme, together with light ball work.
- Aiming to integrate into full training after the November international period.
Left knee. Sustained injury during training on June 21.
Latest update on Gabi:
- Successful arthroscopic procedure undertaken to repair a lesion in the cartilage of the left knee.
- Has now commenced running outside, in addition to daily strengthening and recovery programme at London Colney.
- Integrating into outside group sessions. Aiming to return to full training by the end of the calendar year.
As part of Premier League protocol, all members of our first team squad and support staff continue to be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Copyright 2023 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.