The latest information on our current injuries and suspensions ahead of Sunday’s match.
Right knee. Sustained moderate ligament sprain during Brighton & Hove Albion (a) on June 20.
Now participating in outside running and ball drills.
Aiming to be back in full training next week.
Right hamstring sustained during FA Cup semi-final on Saturday.
Will miss remaining matches of this season. Further details on recovery programme will be confirmed in the coming days.
A status update on the following players with longer term injuries:
Left knee. Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee during Chelsea (h) on December 29.
Latest update on Calum:
- Progressed to the next stage of his recovery and is now running and integrating outside with light ball work.
- Will continue to work hard throughout the new close season period with the aim of being back to full training as soon as possible this calendar year.
Left ankle. Sustained significant sprain to ankle ligaments during Manchester City (a) on June 17.
Latest update on Pablo:
- Now off crutches after surgery and moving freely without aid.
- Has returned home to Spain for a short period, where he continues to receive specialist attention and extensive therapy.
- Will return to the UK later in July to resume his rehabilitation at our training centre throughout the new close season, with the aim of returning to full training in September.
Left knee. Sustained injury during training on June 21. Successful arthroscopic procedure undertaken to repair a lesion in the cartilage of the left knee.
Latest update on Gabi:
- Currently recovering in a knee brace after his operation, which took place during the last week of June.
- Surgery was successful, with consultants and the Arsenal Medical team very encouraged with Gabi’s current progress at this stage of his recovery.
- Currently at our training centre every day receiving specialist attention and support from our medical team.
- Will continue his recovery throughout the new close season period, with the aim of a return to full training by the end of the calendar year.
As part of Premier League protocol, all members of our first team squad and support staff continue to be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Copyright 2023 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.