Per Mertesacker delivered one of the most memorable performances in an Emirates FA Cup final on Saturday as we beat Chelsea to lift the trophy.
The club captain had not started a game in 13 months, but was magnificent in the heart of the defence - but why was he so good?
Adrian Clarke analyses Mertesacker's performance, and also examines all the key reasons for our victory at Wembley, including:
- How winning the midfield battle was key
- The importance of our 'warrior spirit' at the back
- The flashpoint of Alexis' opening goal
- How our hunger and tactical nous undid Chelsea
Click the 'Play' button above to watch the last episode of The Breakdown of the season and then check out the following:
- The best of our on-pitch celebrations
- Pictures: How we won the FA Cup
- 'This was the Mertesacker Final'
- Read the match report from Wembley
Copyright 2020 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.