Post-Match Report

Ladies: Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal - Report

Chelsea Women -

Wheatsheaf Park
  Chelsea Women
Chelsea Women
2 2
  Arsenal Women
Arsenal Women

 By Connor Armstrong


Two injury-time strikes saw us share the spoils with Chelsea on a damp Wednesday evening.

Jodie Taylor gave us a first-half lead when she tapped home after seeing her penalty saved.

Millie Bright headed the hosts level in the second period, setting up a grandstand finale.

Jordan Nobbs rattled the crossbar from 30 yards, with Davison seeing a strike chalked off for offside with just two minutes remaining.

Drew Spence converted late on to seemingly steal a late win for the hosts, before Nobbs' last-gasp flick saw us leave with a point.


Pedro Martinez Losa paired up development squad graduates Anna Patten and Lotte Wubben-Moy in the heart of the defence.

Captain Alex Scott and Dominique Janssen started in the full-back positions, with Sari van Veenendaal in goal.

Leah Williamson and Nobbs continued with their midfield pairing.

Taylor’s two goals in the 5-1 win at Yeovil Town meant she continued to lead the line, supported by Danielle Carter, Danielle van de Donk and Heather O’Reilly.


The first clear-cut chance of the evening came the way of the hosts, with Crystal Dunn charging in on goal, only for Van Veenendaal to dive bravely at her feet to halt the attack.

O’Reilly teed up Nobbs - who fired wide - at the other end, before the Dutch shot-stopper was called into action again to tip over an effort from Katie Chapman.

The breakthrough came 12 minutes before the interval, with Carter felled by Chelsea goalkeeper Telford to win a penalty.

Taylor duly slotted home, but only on the follow-up after seeing her initial attempt saved by the England international.


The second half began in the same fashion as the first ended, with frantic and frenetic attacking play seeing the ball go from end to end.

Ramona Bachmann flashed a warning across the bows when her low strike went just wide of the far post.

Chelsea eventually levelled when Bright headed past Van Veenendaal to set up a tense final 22 minutes.

Nobbs hit the crossbar with a 30-yard lob, but we were left to fear we may rue what might have been when Spence’s late strike found the net.

As it turned out, Nobbs was to have one final say on the night, touching the ball over Telford and into the net with almost the last kick of the match.

Referee: Aji Ajibola
Attendance: 1009

See Full List

Fixtures & Results

Friendly Match
Ticket Info