Whether you are considering a gap year before or after higher education, or even a career break, you are welcome to apply for the Arsenal Gap Year.
Applicants simply need to be over 18 years of age (17 if you are from Scotland or the Republic of Ireland). There is no maximum age.
If you have any questions about the programme, please email email@example.com
Arsenal Gap Year Scholarship:
Our scholarship scheme allows successful applicants to be awarded a place on the Arsenal Gap Year Programme at no cost.
Fitting with the Arsenal for Everyone ethos, we want as many young people as possible to have the opportunity to experience the benefits of taking a gap year and believe personal circumstances should not stop people from taking part. To achieve this, we are pleased to offer a limited number of fully funded scholarships.
The Arsenal Gap Year Programme Scholarships have been funded by The SOL Foundation
The Scholarships are aimed at young people who would like to participate on the programme who would not otherwise have the financial means to do so.
What does a Scholarship mean?
Scholarships are only awarded for the August intake. Successful scholars will receive:
- Travel allowance for Stage 1
- FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification
- TEFL qualification
- Flights for Stage 2
- Living allowance (for international scholars only)
- Funding for visas and vaccinations
In return for accepting a scholarship, scholars are expected to fully commit to the programme, have high attendance at all sessions, and regularly report on their experience on the programme to both funder and Project Coordinator. Scholars are also expected to continue with the programme in a mentorship capacity for the next two intakes of scholarships.
Who can receive a Scholarship?
- Applicants need to be 18 or older on 1st August 2018.
- Live in a household with a total income of less than £30 000 (please note that if your application is successful, you will need to provide evidence of income).
- You can gain a scholarship based on your personal background, financial need and ability to demonstrate your full commitment to all parts of the programme – including the two years following.
How to apply:
Scholarship Applications are open for August 2019 intake. Click here to download an application form.
Copyright 2019 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.