Here's the latest update from our medical team ahead of Thursday’s Europa League opener against Rapid Vienna.
Updates since last match:
Left ankle. Slight ankle bruising, will miss Thursday’s match. Being assessed ahead of Sunday.
Right hamstring. Sustained hamstring strain during the warm-up on Sunday at Manchester City. Rob is likely to be out of action for approximately three weeks.
Right hamstring sustained during Emirates FA Cup semi-final on July 18. Now back in full training and available for selection.
Right calf. Slight calf issue, will miss Thursday’s match. Being assessed ahead of Sunday.
Continued status on longer-term injuries:
Left knee. Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee during Chelsea (h) on December 29.
Latest update on Calum:
- Now back in full training and progressing well towards full match fitness.
Left ankle. Sustained significant sprain to ankle ligaments during Manchester City (a) on June 17.
Latest update on Pablo:
- Continuing outside running and strengthening programme, together with light ball work.
- Aiming to return to full training within the next 10 days.
Left knee. Sustained injury during training on June 21.
Latest update on Gabi:
- Successful arthroscopic procedure undertaken to repair a lesion in the cartilage of the left knee.
- Has now commenced running outside, in addition to daily strengthening and recovery programme at London Colney.
- Aiming to return to full training by the end of the calendar year.
As part of Premier League protocol, all members of our first-team squad and support staff continue to be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Copyright 2021 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.