The Arsenal Women Player Development Programme (PDP) aims to support girls in their football development, preparing them for the next step in their football journey.
The PDP is part of the Arsenal Women Development Pathway and will provide weekly 90 minute coaching sessions for 24 weeks from September 2018 to March 2019.
Through the work at the PDP we aim to support the development of every girl in the programme technically & physically, but also psychologically and socially, building the skills and confidence to fulfil their potential on and off the football pitch. We want girls to:
- Learn to master the ball
- Learn to compete in a team
- Love the game
Across the 2018/19 season, the Player Development Programme will provide the following opportunities:
- 24x 90 minute coaching sessions
- Arsenal Training Top
- Player Learning Journal
- 2x PDP Festivals
- 2x Player Feedback Reviews (Sent electronically)
- Access to online Community (Hive) for Arsenal to provide updates to parents on the programme
- And much more!
As well as elements included in the price of the programme we will also be looking to provide additional opportunities for the PDP players. These may incur an additional cost, but will look to include:
- International Experience Day at St George’s Park (To see what our trip in February 2018 click here: https://www.arsenal.com/news/development-team-visit-st-georges-park
- Fixtures against Domestic & International Opponents
- Opportunities to play in other football festivals
- Exclusive PDP Holiday Sessions
Throughout the season, All girls joining the PDP will also become an Arsenal Women Junior Member, which will entitle girls to access all elements of a Junior Membership, including:
- Entry to all home Arsenal Women Women’s Super League fixtures for the 2018/19 season
- Entry to ballots for exclusive opportunities
- And much more!
More details on the Junior Membership will be released in due course.
Currently, Arsenal Women are looking for girls aged 8 – 15 years old to join the Arsenal Women Player Development Programme. On Wednesday 22nd August, trials will take place for girls across a range of different ages and positions:
- Under 10’s
- Under 12’s
- Under 14’s
- Under 16’s
- Goalkeepers (U12, U14 & U16 only)
During the 2018/19 season the PDP will take place across the following times and locations:
|Monday||Borehamwood Football Club, WD6 5AL||17:30 - 19:00|
|Tuesday||University of Hertfordshire, AL10 9EU||17:00 - 18:30|
|Wednesday||Rectory Park, Middlesex, UB5 5FA||17:30 - 19:00|
|Thursday||Nicholas Breakspear School, St Albans, AL4 0TT||17:00 - 19:00|
|Friday||Ashlyns School, Berkhamsted, HP4 3AH||18:00 - 20:00|
** PDP places will be allocated on availability, age groups & the grassroots team you play for
If you would like to apply for a place at the Arsenal Women PDP Trial in August, please follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/2NHeAosoCXCCR7bw1
If you have any questions about the Arsenal Women Player Development Programme, please contact Development Officer Tom Hartley – thartley@Arsenal.co.uk
Copyright 2019 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.