Terms and Conditions
Arsenal Fan Party and Open Training Competitions
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out the basis on which you can participate in the two simultaneously-run competitions known as the Arsenal Fan Party and Open Training Competitions (together, the “Competitions” and each a “Competition”). By entering a Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions in full. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should not enter a Competition and you will not be eligible to win the prize.
1. COMPETITION PERIOD: The start date for entries is July 3 2019 (“Start Date”). The closing date for entries is July 7 2019 at 23.59 (local time) (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Competition.
2. TO ENTER: To enter a Competition, you need to complete the relevant Competition webform with your full name, phone number, postal address, email address and membership number, and answer the relevant question correctly by no later than the Closing Date.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to residents of the USA only.
4. All entrants must be either an Arsenal Digital Member or an Arsenal Paid Member. Only one entry per Competition per person is allowed.
5. All entrants must be 18 years of age at the time of entry.
6. Employees of The Arsenal Football Club Plc (company number 109244) (“Arsenal”) or members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter a Competition.
7. No purchase is required to enter but you will require email access to enter a Competition. No refund may be claimed for any expenses incurred relating to the use of an email account or internet connection for the purpose of entering a Competition.
8. SELECTION OF WINNER: Arsenal will select at random (by random number generator) one winner (a “Winner”) in respect of each Competition from the eligible entries. In order to be eligible for selection, an entry must have been made in accordance with the terms of entry detailed in Paragraph 2 above.
9. PRIZE: Competition to win a place at the Official Arsenal Fan Party: The Winner of this Competition will receive for themselves and one (1) guest of the relevant Winner’s choice the right to attend the Official Arsenal Fan Party. Both the Winner and their guest will be required to bring photo identification to the event. Further detail on the location and timing of the event, and how to gain access, will be emailed directly to the Winner at the email address provided on entry into the Competition. Please note that the Prize does not include any food or drink, nor is there any cash element to the Prize. Each Winner will be responsible for arranging travel to and from the event location.
10. PRIZE: Competition to win a place at the Arsenal Open Training Session: The Winner of this Competition will receive for themselves and one (1) guest of the Winner’s choice the right to attend and observe the Arsenal Open Training Session. Both the Winner and their guest will be required to bring photo identification to the event. Further detail on the location and timing of the event, and how to gain access, will be emailed directly to the Winner at the email address provided on entry into the Competition. Please note that the Prize does not include any food or drink, nor is there any cash element to the Prize. Each Winner will be responsible for arranging travel to and from the event location.
11. Further specifics of the Prize (including the location and time of the Prize) shall be determined by Arsenal acting in its absolute discretion and each Winner shall be informed of such specifics in due course following their selection, including how to claim their Prize.
12. Arsenal reserves the right to substitute the Prize(s) (or any part of it/them) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part thereof) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. All costs and expenses not included within the Prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
13. Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the Prize where applicable.
14. Each Winner will be contacted using the contact details provided on entry within 72 hours of the Closing Date. If a Winner cannot be contacted, Arsenal will be entitled to select an alternative Winner.
15. PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL DATA: Each Winner agrees to take part in reasonable publicity relating to the relevant Competition and Arsenal may use the Winner's name and image and his/her comments relating to the Competition and/or the Prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
16. Details of each Winner’s name will be available on request for one month after the Closing Date by writing to Arsenal (including providing a stamped self-addressed envelope and stating the name and closing date of the Competitions) at the address set out below.
17. Arsenal will use entrants’ personal details for the purposes of administering the Competitions and awarding the Prize. More information about how Arsenal handles personal data is available at www.arsenal.com/privacy-policy.
18. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries, or for electronic entries or winning notifications that are not received or delivered (for any reason including as a consequence of communication or network failures). Any such entries will be deemed void.
19. Arsenal reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competitions or these Terms and Conditions if circumstances outside its reasonable control make this unavoidable.
20. Entries must be strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be invalid and the Prize will not be awarded in respect of such entry. Arsenal reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant and to exclude any entries which it believes to be invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
21. Arsenal’s decision is final in all matters relating to the Competitions (including the Prize) and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any negligence of Arsenal, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Arsenal nor any of its officers, employees or agents shall be responsible for (whether in tort, contract or otherwise):
i. any loss, damage or injury to you and/or any third party or to any property belonging to you or any third party in connection with the Competitions and/or the Prize (including each Winner’s receipt or use of the same), resulting from any cause whatsoever; or
- any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect, economic or consequential losses whatsoever and howsoever caused.
23. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Please note that these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. This means that your entry into a Competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and Arsenal both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in connection with any such dispute or claim.
24. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITIONS: If you attempt to compromise the integrity or proper operation of a Competition by cheating or committing fraud in any way, Arsenal reserves the right to render your entry invalid, seek damages from you and ban you from participating in any of their future competitions.
25. CONTACT: If you have any questions about the Competitions, please write to Membership Rewards, Marketing Department, The Arsenal Football Club PLC, Highbury House, 75 Drayton Park, London N5 1BU.