Arsenal Season 2022/23 Match Predictor Terms and Conditions
Arsenal Match Predictor Competition
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out the basis on which you can participate in the Arsenal Season 2022/23 Match Predictor Competition (“Competition”). By entering the Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions in full with The Arsenal Football Club Plc (company number 109244) (“Arsenal”). If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should not enter the Competition and you will not be eligible to win the prize. Entry is by online web-form submission only via https://www.arsenal.com/match-predictor (the “Arsenal Website”).
- COMPETITION PERIOD: The start date for entries is 5 August 2022 at 8:00 AM (UK time) (“Start Date”). The closing date for entries is the later of: (i) 28 May 2023 at 23:59 PM (UK time), or (ii) 23:59 PM (UK time) on the date that is Arsenal’s final fixture of the 2022/23 Premier League football season (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Competition. The Competition will consist of a series of prize draws as described in these Terms and Conditions. No purchase is necessary and there is no fee to enter.
- TO ENTER:
- You can enter the Competition once per each match played by the Arsenal men’s first team during the 2022/23 Premier League Season (“Match”).
- To enter the Competition you must visit: https://www.arsenal.com/match-predictor.
- You must input your details as requested into to the competition form provided, including submitting your score prediction for the Match (the “Form”).
- You must submit a Form before the scheduled kick off time for each relevant Match in order to be eligible to receive points in respect of such Match.
- All entrants who submit a Form before the start time of each Match shall be entered into the Competition.
- A new form must be submitted in respect of each Match in order to be eligible to be awarded points in respect of such Match.
- Points will be awarded to entrants in relation to each Form submitted as follows:
- If you correctly predict the final score of the Match: 5 points;
- If you correctly predict the first Arsenal player to score a goal during the Match: 3 points; and
- If you correctly predict the time of the first Arsenal goal of the Match: 10 points.
- All entrants shall have their first name, surname initial, and their country of residence, added to public leaderboard which shall be based on the number of points awarded to entrants in accordance with paragraph 2(g) above. The Leaderboard will be visible on https://www.arsenal.com/match-predictor (the “Leaderboard”). While all entrants may be added into the Leaderboard, only those who meet the eligibility requirements set out herein shall be entered into the prize draw. Arsenal makes no guarantee as to the accuracy of the Leaderboard at any one time, however will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Leaderboard is regularly updated to display the most accurate information. Your position on the board is subject to these Terms and Conditions, and you acknowledge that the Leaderboard is for illustrative purposes only and that your details as displayed may match the same details as another entry.
- ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over only. Only one entry per person per Match is allowed.
- Employees of Arsenal, or members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Entry is by online web-form submission only via the Arsenal Website. No purchase is required to enter but you will require email and internet access to enter the Competition. No refund may be claimed for any expenses incurred relating to the use of an email account or internet connection for the purpose of entering the Competition.
- SELECTION OF WINNER(S):
- In each month during the Competition, a “Monthly Winner” for such month shall be selected as follows:
- on the last working day of each month (or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter) the entrant who:
- meets the eligibility criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions; and
- according to Arsenal’s determination is at the top of the Leaderboard on that date,
shall win a Monthly Prize, save that where more than one entrant shares the top spot of the Leaderboard, such entrants shall be entered into an automated randomised prize draw to randomly select 1 (one) as winner for the relevant Monthly Prize.
- On or after the Competition Closing Date, the “Season Winner” shall be selected as follows:
- the entrant who:
- meets the eligibility criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions; and
- according to Arsenal’s determination is at the top of the Leaderboard,
shall win the Season Prize, save that where more than one entrant shares the top spot of the Leaderboard, such entrants shall be entered into an automated randomised prize draw to randomly select 1 (one) as winner for the Season Prize.
- The Monthly Winner(s) and Season Winner (the “Winners”) will be contacted using the contact details provided on entry within 72 hours of each prize draw. If a Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to confirm details for delivery of the Prize within 14 days, an alternative Winner will be selected in accordance with paragraphs 8 and 9 above from the remaining eligible and correct entries.
- PRIZE: Each Monthly Winner shall receive:
- One of the following prizes (which shall be determined by Arsenal in its sole discretion): (i) 1 (one) pair of General Admission tickets to an Arsenal Premier League home match at Emirates Stadium (such match shall be determined by Arsenal in its sole discretion); or (ii) 1 (one) Arsenal Season 2022/23 shirt signed by a number of Arsenal’s men’s football first team (subject to availability) (the “Monthly Prize”),
and the Season Winner shall receive:
- an invitation for the winner and 3 guests to attend the Arsenal Training Centre, currently located at London Colney, the date and time of which shall be subject to availability and Arsenal’s sole discretion (the “Season Prize”),
referred to herein as the “Prizes”. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Arsenal reserves the right to substitute the Prize(s) (or any part of it/them) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part of them) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. All costs and expenses not included within the Prize are the responsibility of the Winner(s), including travel to and from the Arsenal Training Centre.
- Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the Prize where applicable.
- Unless otherwise notified by Arsenal, the Prize(s) will be delivered to the Winner(s) within 30 days of confirmation of the applicable Winner’s address for delivery of the Prize. If, for any reason (including, without limitation: (i) the suspension and/or reduced access to postal and/or delivery services; (ii) the closure of Arsenal’s normal place of conducting business; or (iii) due to events outside of Arsenal’s control) Arsenal is unable to deliver a Prize to a Winner within the time frame mentioned in this paragraph 14, then such delay and/or failure to deliver shall not constitute a breach of contract on the part of Arsenal or Arsenal. If such delay and/or failure to deliver occurs, Arsenal shall use reasonable endeavours to comply with its obligations under these Terms and Conditions and to arrange for delivery at a later date.
- ARSENAL’S LIABILITY TO YOU: Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any negligence of Arsenal, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Arsenal nor any of its officers, employees or agents shall be responsible for (whether in tort, contract or otherwise):
- any loss, damage or injury to you and/or any third party or to any property belonging to you or any third party in connection with the Competition and/or the Prize (including a Winner’s receipt or use of the same), resulting from any cause whatsoever; or
- any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect, economic or consequential losses whatsoever and howsoever caused.
- PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL DATA: If a Winner is aged 18 or over, the Winner agrees to take part in reasonable publicity relating to the Competition and the Arsenal may use the Winner's name and image and his/her comments relating to the Competition and/or the Prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
- Details of each Winner’s name and county will be available on request for one month after the Closing Date by writing to Arsenal (including providing a stamped self-addressed envelope and stating the name and closing date of the Competition) at the address set out below.
- Arsenal will use entrants’ personal details for the purposes of administering the Competition and awarding the Prize. More information about how Arsenal handles personal data is available at www.arsenal.com/privacy-policy.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries, or for electronic entries or winning notifications that are not received or delivered (for any reason including as a consequence of communication or network failures). Any such entries will be deemed void.
- Arsenal reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions if circumstances outside its reasonable control make this unavoidable.
- Entries must be strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be invalid and the Prize will not be awarded in respect of such entry. Arsenal reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant and to exclude any entries which it believes to be invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Arsenal’s decision is final in all matters relating to the Competition (including the Prize) and no correspondence will be entered into.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Please note that these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. This means that your entry into the Competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and Arsenal both agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with any such dispute or claim.
- SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION: If you attempt to compromise the integrity or proper operation of the Competition by cheating or committing fraud in any way, Arsenal reserves the right to render your entry invalid, seek damages from you and ban you from participating in any of their future competitions.
- CONTACT: If you have any questions about the Competition, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2022 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.