These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out the basis on which you can participate in the Arsenal Direct Survey prize draw (the “Prize Draw”).
By entering the Prize Draw, you accept these Terms and Conditions in full. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should not enter the Prize Draw and you will not be eligible to win the prize. Entry into the Competition is via the relevant survey only.
- PRIZE DRAW ENTRY PERIOD: The start date and time for entries to each Prize Draw is the date and time from which the relevant Survey (as defined below) and its associated Prize Draw is received by you from Arsenal (“Start Date”). The closing date and time for entries to each Prize Draw is as advertised on the Email (as defined below) (“Closing Date”). Entries to any Prize Draw received after the applicable Closing Date will not be entered into the applicable Prize Draw.
- TO ENTER: Arsenal will be sending a survey via email to certain customers who have purchased products via Arsenal Direct during the last year (“Previous Retail Purchasers”), giving those Previous Retail Purchasers the chance to provide feedback on their experience of Arsenal Direct. On the applicable Start Date, the Arsenal Football Club PLC (“Arsenal”) will send an email in respect of the Survey and Prize Draw to the Previous Retail Purchasers (the “Email”). Each Email will include a link to an Arsenal Direct experience survey (each a “Survey”). To enter any Prize Draw, you need to click the link to the relevant Survey and complete all required fields, selecting when prompted in the Survey to confirm that you wish to be entered into the applicable Prize Draw. Only correctly submitted entries received before the Closing Date shall be entered into the Prize Draw.
- ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be Previous Retail Purchasers who received an email in accordance with paragraph 2 of these terms and conditions. Only one entry per person is allowed for each Prize Draw between its applicable Start Date and Closing Date. Entry to each Prize Draw is only open to the direct recipients of each applicable Email. If any entry is not received by Arsenal as a result of: (i) user error; (ii) an error or flaw in the service and/or platform provided by the Survey platform provider (for example, SurveyMonkey); or (iii) any other reason outside of Arsenal’s absolute control, then such entries shall not be entered into the Prize Draw and will not be eligible to win the applicable Prize.
- If you are under 18, consent from a parent or guardian must be obtained prior to entry and the parent or guardian must agree to these Terms and Conditions in full. The winner(s) may be required to supply a completed parental/legal guardian consent form in accordance with Arsenal’s directions in order to claim their prize.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you can participate in each Prize Draw in compliance with local laws and regulations. Any entry submitted in breach of local laws and regulations shall be automatically null and void. Arsenal also reserves the right to determine that it cannot accept an entry or provide a prize due to local laws and regulations.
- Employees of Arsenal or members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
- Entry to any Prize Draw is via the completion and submission of the relevant Survey only. No purchase is required to enter but you will require email and internet access to enter any Prize Draw. No refund may be claimed for any expenses incurred relating to the use of an email account or internet connection for the purpose of entering the Prize Draw.
- PRIZE: The prize in respect of any Prize Draw shall be as advertised on the relevant Prize Draw’s applicable Email (the “Prize”). The Prizes are non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be offered. A Prize does not include personal expenditure, transport costs or any other incidental costs other than those explicitly included.
- Arsenal’s other terms and conditions at shall apply to the Prize, including https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/termsAndConditions (in respect of any Prize which includes a Stadium Tour, or an Arsenal Gift Card).
10. Arsenal reserves the right to substitute the Prize(s) (or any part of it/them) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond Arsenal’s control. There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part of them) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. All costs and expenses not included within the Prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
11. Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the Prize and Prize Draw where applicable, including those of the Survey platform.
12. SELECTION OF WINNER: The winner(s) for each Prize Draw will be picked at random from all eligible entries received between the Start Date and the Closing Date.
13. The winner(s) of each Prize Draw will be contacted using the contact details provided on entry of the relevant Prize Draw within 72 hours of the applicable Prize Draw’s Closing Date. Where a Prize is a physical item, this shall be delivered to the winner(s) address within 45 days of the applicable winner confirming their address for delivery. If we attempt to contact a winner (for example to confirm matters in respect of delivery of a Prize) and they do not respond within 14 days, an alternative winner may be selected by Arsenal at random from the remaining eligible and correct entries.
14. ARSENAL’S LIABILITY TO YOU: Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any negligence of Arsenal, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Arsenal nor any of its officers, employees or agents shall be responsible for (whether in tort, contract or otherwise):
- any loss, damage or injury to you and/or any third party or to any property belonging to you or any third party in connection with the Prize Draw and/or the Prize (including the winner’s receipt or use of the same), resulting from any cause whatsoever; or
- any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect, economic or consequential losses whatsoever and howsoever caused.
15. PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL DATA: If the winner is aged 18 or over and provided that the winner has agreed to take part in such publicity, Arsenal may use the winner's name and image and his/her comments relating to the Prize Draw and/or the Prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
16. Details of winners’ names and counties will be available on request for one month after the applicable Closing Date by writing to Arsenal (including providing a stamped self-addressed envelope and stating the name and closing date of the applicable Prize Draw) at the postal address set out below.
17. Arsenal will use entrants’ personal details for the purposes of administering the Prize Draws and awarding the Prizes. More information about how Arsenal handles personal data is available at www.arsenal.com/privacy-policy.
18. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries, or for electronic entries or winning notifications that are not received or delivered (for any reason including as a consequence of communication or network failures). Any such entries will be deemed void.
19. Arsenal reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions if circumstances outside its reasonable control make this unavoidable.
20. Entries must be strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be invalid and the applicable Prize will not be awarded in respect of such entry. Arsenal reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant and to exclude any entries which it believes to be invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
21. Arsenal’s decision is final in all matters relating to the Prize Draws (including the Prizes) and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Prize Draws are not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Survey platform provider. You acknowledge that the Survey platform provider shall not have any liability to you in connection with any Prize Draw. Arsenal reserves the right to disqualify any entrant posting an entry or a comment to a Survey that is, in Arsenal's opinion, (i) inappropriate, offensive, vulgar, upsetting or discriminatory in any way, or (ii) contrary to applicable law.
23. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Please note that these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. This means that your entry into the Prize Draw and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and Arsenal both agree that the courts of England will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in connection with any such dispute or claim.
24. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION: If you attempt to compromise the integrity or proper operation of any Prize Draw by cheating or committing fraud in any way, Arsenal reserves the right to render your entry invalid, seek damages from you and ban you from participating in any of their future competitions.
25. CONTACT: If you have any questions about any Prize Draw, please write to the Venue Department, The Arsenal Football Club Plc, Highbury House, 75 Drayton Park, London N5 1BU, United Kingdom, and include the name of the competition in your email.
Copyright 2023 The Arsenal Football Club Limited. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.