Terms and Conditions
- This competition (“Promotion”) is open to everyone, subject to applicable law and the following terms and conditions. Where applicable in relation to the laws and regulations of the home country from which the entrant enters the Promotion, the entrant warrants that he or she has obtained the consent of his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to (i) enter the Promotion, and (ii) allow Arsenal to use his/her personal data for the purpose of administering the Promotion. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
- To take part in this promotion you must email an image of you demonstrating that you are an Arsenal fan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions, will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- There will be both a weekly winner and a grand prize winner.
Closing date: To be eligible to win the weekly prize in any week, entries must be received by 11.59pm (UK time) on the previous Sunday. For the final weekly prize (and therefore to be eligible for the grand prize), all entries must be received by 11.59pm (UK time) on May 13 2018.
- Weekly winners: One winner will be selected by the Promoter each week from all complete, correct and eligible entries received by 11.59pm (UK time) the previous Sunday. Winning entries will be those which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the Promoter, demonstrate the greatest degree of originality, creativity and wit in their interpretation and execution of the entry requirements. Each winner will be notified by the method of communication used by the winner to enter the Promotion (either by email or direct message on Twitter). Winners will be announced throughout the period during which the Promotion is taking place, at such times as the Promoter shall decide in its sole discretion.
Grand prize winners: One grand prize winner will be selected by an Arsenal player (the identity of which is at the Promoter’s sole discretion) from all the weekly winners during the Promotion. The winning entry will be the one which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the player judging the Promotion, demonstrates the greatest degree of originality, creativity and wit in its interpretation and execution of the entry requirements. The winner will be notified by the method of communication used by the winner to enter the competition as soon as reasonably practicable after 9am (UK time) on May 15 2018.
- Weekly prize: One signed photo of an Arsenal first team player (the identity of which is at the Promoter’s sole discretion), delivered to an address specified by the winner.
Grand prize: One Arsenal 2017/18 home shirt signed by such members of the Arsenal first team as the Promoter shall select in its own discretion, delivered to an address specified by the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes (or any part of them) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the prizes (or any part of them) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If any winner is not able, for any reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted within 96 hours of the judging date, the Promoter reserves the right to, but is under no obligation to, award the prize to another entrant.
- The Promoter’s decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
- By entering, all entrants warrant and undertake that they are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in their entry (including all images and text submitted by the entrant as part of the entry process), that their entry is their own original work and does not infringe any third party rights.
- You must not submit an entry that contains any offensive or discriminatory language that may cause offence to anyone.
- All entrants warrant that their entry does not infringe English law.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that any entry they submit may be used by Arsenal and their selected sub-licensees for Arsenal’s marketing and promotional purposes in perpetuity, throughout the world in any and all media whether now known or hereafter invented without further remuneration (“permitted purposes”).
- All entrants warrant and undertake that they have obtained all relevant rights and written permission from individuals featured in the entry, and that their entry does not feature anyone under the age of 18 unless it is the entrant’s own child and they have that child’s consent.
- All entrants hereby waive and agree not to assert (and warrant that all individuals featured have waived and agreed not to assert) any moral rights in and in connection with the entry.
- All entrants agree to do such other things and execute such other documents as are reasonably requested of them by Arsenal in order to allow Arsenal to use their entry for the permitted purposes.
- Arsenal reserves the right to pass on details of any entry in breach of condition 14 above to the relevant authorities.
- The decisions of the Promoter and the player judging the grand prize shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion, and
b) any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient), or use of the prize, and
c) any act or default of any third party supplier, which are beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- Details of prize winners’ names and county will be available for one month after the close of the Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out below and stating the name and closing date of the Promotion.
- Winners and entrants agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
The Promoter is: The Arsenal Football Club plc, Highbury House, 75 Drayton Park, London N5 1BU
Copyright 2023 The Arsenal Football Club Limited. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.