After seven months on the sidelines, Laurent Koscielny made his return from a serious Achilles injury in Thursday’s Europa League clash with Qarabag.
Our club captain was given an emotional reception inside Emirates Stadium as he made his first appearance since suffering the injury in May’s semi-final defeat to Atletico Madrid.
Head of sports medicine Gary O’Driscoll and director of high performance Darren Burgess worked with Laurent throughout his recovery and, together with our defender, share the story behind his return in our in-depth documentary, focusing on:
- Laurent’s agony at the Wanda Metropolitano
- Antoine Griezmann’s role in consoling our captain
- Koscielny’s first few steps in his recovery
- His heartbreak at missing France’s 2018 World Cup triumph
- Why Laurent will now be stronger than ever
Copyright 2021 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.