Our medical team have issued an update on Pablo Mari and Gabriel Martinelli.
Here's the latest on their rehabilitation:
Left ankle. Sustained significant sprain to ankle ligaments during Manchester City (a) on June 17.
Latest update on Pablo:
- Now off crutches after surgery and moving freely without aid
- Has returned home to Spain for a short period, where he continues to receive specialist attention and extensive therapy
- Will return to the UK later in July to resume his rehabilitation at our training centre throughout the close season, with the aim of returning to full training in September
Left knee. Sustained injury during training on June 21. Successful arthroscopic procedure undertaken to repair a lesion in the cartilage of the left knee.
Latest update on Gabi:
- Currently recovering in a knee brace after his operation, which took place during the last week of June
- Surgery was successful, with consultants and our medical team very encouraged with Gabi’s current progress at this stage of his recovery
- Currently at our training centre every day receiving specialist attention and support from our medical team
- Will continue his recovery throughout the close season, with the aim of a return to full training by the end of 2020
Copyright 2020 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.