Caitlin Foord and Amanda Ilestedt have both been nominated for the Best FIFA Women’s Player at the 2023 awards.
Voting is now open, so click here to cast your vote. Voting closes at midnight CET on Friday, October 6.
Shortlisted by a panel of experts, including former Gunner Mana Iwabuchi, the award is based on achievements from August 1, 2022 to August 20, 2023. The nominees are:
- Aitana Bonmatí (Spain / FC Barcelona)
- Linda Caicedo (Colombia / Real Madrid CF)
- Rachel Daly (England / Aston Villa Ladies FC)
- Kadidiatou Diani (France / Olympique Lyonnais / Paris Saint-Germain prior to Aug 2023)
- Caitlin Foord (Australia / Arsenal WFC)
- Mary Fowler (Australia / Manchester City WFC)
- Alex Greenwood (England / Manchester City WFC)
- Jennifer Hermoso (Spain / CF Pachuca Femenil)
- Lindsey Horan (USA / Olympique Lyonnais)
- Amanda Ilestedt (Sweden / Arsenal WFC / Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) prior to June 2023)
- Lauren James (England / Chelsea FC)
- Sam Kerr (Australia / Chelsea FC)
- Mapi León (Spain / FC Barcelona)
- Hinata Miyazawa (Japan / Mynavi Sendai)
- Salma Paralluelo (Spain / FC Barcelona)
- Keira Walsh (England / FC Barcelona)
Last season, Caitlin scored 11 goals in 31 appearances across the Barclays Women’s Super League, UEFA Women’s Champions League, and FA Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup.
During the summer, she was part of the Australia team that made it to the semi-finals of the FIFA Women’s World Cup, the highest-ever finish of any Australian football team at senior level.
As for Amanda, she joined us in the summer from Paris Saint-Germain, where she made 15 league appearances in 2022/23 as PSG came second in the Division 1 Feminine while reaching the Champions League semi-finals.
She also featured at the World Cup and scored the winning goal in Sweden’s opening match of the competition against South Africa, before scoring twice against Italy, and then adding her fourth against Japan in the quarter-finals.
Copyright 2023 The Arsenal Football Club Limited. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.