Important Travel information for supporters attending the Britannia Stadium this weekend
Supporters travelling by road to Stoke on Sunday may want to take note of an organized fuel protest which could lead to delays if using the M6.
‘A huge ‘go-slow' protest over the cost of fuel is set to bring motorway traffic to a halt across Greater Manchester.
Up to 1,000 vehicles will be involved in the protest on Sunday, May 8, say organisers. Police have been informed and officers are set to patrol the demonstration.
Three separate convoys will join up then travel to the Stanlow oil refiner at Ellesmere Port in Cheshire. Protesters have vowed to blockade delivery vehicles once there.
In Greater Manchester, vehicles are due to gather at Birch services on the M62 at around 12.30pm.
From there, the convoy will travel to the M56 and on to the M6 before joining up with vehicles travelling from Liverpool. A third group is set to leave North Wales. All three convoys will then travel on to the refinery'.
An alternative route would be to use the M1, leave the M1 at junction 24 taking the A50 to Stoke.
Adults - £29
Concession - £24 (16 and Under or 65 and over)
Non member adults - £34
Non member concession - £29
Pick-up points will made up of two convoys as follows;
Emirates Stadium (Queensland Rd) 08.00, London Gateway 08.30 - Return journey to Emirates should take approximately 3 hours 45 minutes.
Kingsferry (Gillingham) 07.00, South Mimms Services 08.30, Newport Pagnell Services 09.15 - Return journey to Kingsferry should take approximately 4 hours and 45 minutes.
How to book your travel?
Please call the "Contact Centre" on 020 7619 5000 and follow the instructions through to an operator who can book your travel. When calling, please have ready the membership number(s) of the actual person(s) travelling. Non members must provide a full name, address, date of birth and daytime telephone number and pay the extra supplement. Bookings cannot be accepted if we do not have the above information.
Park and Ride
When coming by car to meet the away coaches, please be aware that Controlled Parking Zones are in operation around the stadium with the exception of Sundays and Bank Holidays. For further information on the parking in Islington please refer to www.islington.gov.uk.
We have organized parking available at Emirates Stadium, London Gateway Services, South Mimms Services and Newport Pagnell Services or you can choose to meet at The Kingsferry Travel Centre, Gillingham.
- Emirates Stadium parking can be accessed via Queensland Rd (N7 7AJ).
- London Gateway is at Junction 2 of the M1 and accessible from both the north and southbound sides of the motorway (supporters should park anywhere in the main car park).
- The Kingsferry Travel Centre is on Eastcourt Lane, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 6HW and only street parking is available.
- South Mimms is located off Junction 23 of the M25 (leave your car anywhere in the main car parking section).
- Newport Pagnell is close to Junction 14 on the M1 (leave your car in the hotel section of the services on the northbound side of the motorway).
Car parking at these sites have been provided free of charge on the basis that you have left your registration details in advance. Registration details given to us on the day of travel may not be registered in time and supporters will risk receiving a Parking Charge Notice. Please ask when booking your coach tickets should you require further information.
Supporters Club Coaches
The following Supporters Clubs will be running a coach to this fixture for more information please contact the numbers listed below and not Arsenal Travel on 020 7619 5000.
South Wales - please e-mail email@example.com or call Ian Lawrence on 07967 122464.
If you are organizing your own coach or minibus then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in order for specific police instructions to be sent out to you.
Terms and Conditions
- All travel once booked is NON transferable and NON refundable.
- No alcohol may be carried on any organised trip - this is an offence under the Sporting Events (control of alcohol) Act 1985.
- No object capable of being construed or used as an offensive weapon may be carried.
- Smoking is not allowed on any Arsenal Travel transport.
- Travel tickets issued through Arsenal Travel are done so on the condition that the holder will at all times be a credit to and uphold the reputation of Arsenal Football Club.
- Some coach trips will only run if sufficient numbers are met.
- Travel tickets and membership cards must be available for inspection at all times and must be given up to any officer, employee or agent of the club.
- On occasions Photographic ID may be requested for inspection.
- Arsenal Travel cannot be held responsible for any possible delays to your travel arrangements.
- Unaccompanied minors under 14 will not be permitted to travel and minors of 14 to 17 will only be permitted to travel if their parent / guardian has completed the Unaccompanied minors consent form (this is available when booking travel).
- The full terms and conditions of membership are set out on our website at www.arsenal.com
- Arsenal reserves the right to amend or alter the above arrangements and the right at its discretion to terminate any person's membership.
- Non members must show photographic ID to board any official Arsenal Travel.
From the South, North and West - Travel on the M6 as appropriate and leave the M6 at junction 15. Take the A500 to Stoke-on-Trent and then follow signs for the A50 to Derby / Uttoxeter. From here the Britannia Stadium is signposted and clearly visible on the right hand side. Take the first turn off when on the A50 and head up the bank towards the traffic lights, turn right at these lights and go over the flyover.
From the East - Take the A50 from Junction 24 of the M1 all the way through until the last turn off (approximately 41 miles). The stadium will be on your left hand side.
Parking at the stadium is strictly limited to vehicles with parking permits for the North, West 1 and West 2 car parks. Alternative Matchday parking may be available on the Trent Car Park, which is accessible from the A50 and the junction on Trentham Rd (A5035). Tickets for the Trent Car Park can be purchased on the day of the match from the entrance gate.
For more rail information please contact National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950.
Stoke-on-Trent station is just over two miles from the stadium. Services run from Euston through to Stoke on the London to Manchester mainline.
Supporters arriving by train can take buses to the stadium from Station Road at regular intervals and return on the same buses from outside the away turnstiles after the match.
- On request we can source a wheelchair accessible coach from any of the departure points.
- Holloway Road underground on the Piccadilly line is the closest station to Queensland Rd where the coaches depart from.
- Check the weather forecast on the following link - https://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=football;sess
- Or check the roads on - https://www.trafficengland.com/
Copyright 2023 The Arsenal Football Club Limited. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.