Arsenal face Villarreal at El Madrigal in the second-leg of
the Champions Leaague Semi Final tonight.
To get you in the mood, here are ten facts on tonight's big match:
1. Villarreal have entertained three English sides to date,
winning two of those encounters and drawing the other two. Steve
MacClaren's Middlesbrough were beaten 2-0 in last season's
UEFA Cup and Everton lost 2-1 in the Champions League Qualifiers
earlier this season. The Yellow Submarines also held
Manchester United to a goalless draw in this season's Champions
League group phase.
2. On each of the five occasions Arsenal have reached the last four of a European competition, they have progressed to the Final itself.
3. Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar were the last team to beat Villarreal in European Competition at El Madrigal when they secured a 2-1 win in the Quarter Finals of last season's UEFA Cup.
4. The Yellow Sumarines have yet to find the net in three games against English opposition in this season's Champions League proper, having held Manchester United to goalless draws home and away, and lost 1-0 at Arsenal last week.
5. Having equalled and surpassed AC Milan's record of seven consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League, Arsenal will break Ajax's record of consecutive clean sheets in any European competition, set between April 1987 and April 1988.
6. Arsenal's 829 minutes of Champions League football without conceding a goal is also a competition record.
7. The Gunners are unbeaten in the competition since their 3-1 loss at Bayern Munich in the last 16 of last year's competition.
8. Jens Lehmann is just three minutes from equalling
Edwin van der Sar's competition record of 658 minutes without
conceding a goal.
9. Freddie Ljungberg is the most experienced Swede in the Champions League having made 58 appearances. Kolo Toure is the most experienced Ivorian and Lauren the most experienced Cameroonian.
10. Arsenal's only ever-present in this season's Champions League is 18-year-old midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source