1 of 3

Under-9s win Premier League National Futsal finals

Arsenal Under-9s

Our under-9s were crowned champions at the Premier League Futsal finals last Sunday.

Paul Barry’s side were only beaten once throughout the tournament, winning six games and drawing twice, scoring an impressive 21 goals along the way.

We kicked off the group stage with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Manchester City, before drawing 2-2 with Stoke City and defeating Manchester United 4-3.

This was followed by a 4-0 win over Fulham, a 3-3 draw with Everton, a 2-1 win over Middlesbrough and a 1-0 loss to Chelsea, ensuring that we finished second in our group and reached the semi-finals.

We then went on to beat Manchester United 4-3 on penalties following a goalless draw, before comfortably defeating Fulham 4-2 in the final.

“The team showed fantastic decision-making and technical execution in a very fast and tight indoor format,” Barry said. “Their desire and attitude to work hard, listen and apply themselves with maximal effort was evident throughout all games. 

“The players were a credit to the club with exemplary behaviour, especially off the pitch where they stayed in a local hotel overnight and were complimented on their manners and politeness, as well as their respect towards hotel and Premier League staff.”

Post-Match Report

U-23s: Tottenham 0-4 Arsenal - How it happened



Joe Willock scored twice on Friday night as we ran out convincing 4-0 winners over Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League 2.

Eddie Nketiah also scored on his return from a Europa League call-up in Belarus, while Dinos Mavropanos provided a calming presence at the heart of our defence.

After being forced to abandon our 3-0 lead over West Ham United last week due to dog, Freddie Ljungberg would have hoped for another fast start from his side - and that’s exactly what he received.

Bukayo Saka broke free down the left early on and picked out Xavier Amaechi at the far post, who cut the ball back to Joe Willock for a simple finish from six yards out.

Shortly after Deyan Iliev put his body on the line to deny Jack Roles from close range, before George Marsh handled the ball inside the penalty area.

Xavier Amaechi’s improvised skill forced the Tottenham defender into the error - and Charlie Gilmour made no mistake in converting from 12 yards.

We continued to dominate possession and on the half-hour mark Willock bagged his second - and our third - of the night.

Nketiah teed the ball up to Willock following a well-worked corner routine, and our No 8 rifled the ball into the back of the net for his 11th goal of the season in all competitions.

Tottenham would have hoped to regroup after the break, but within just two minutes, we increased our lead once more thanks to some fine attacking instincts from Nketiah.

The 19-year-old reacted first to an underhit back pass to round Brandon Austin and fire into an empty net.

The hosts then went on to apply some late pressure, but our defence stood strong to keep their first clean sheet in eight league fixtures.


PL2 table


Our next game is against Swansea City in the PL2 on Monday, March 4.

The game will take place at Meadow Park with kick-off at 7pm (UK time).


Folarin Balogun signs first professional contract

Folarin Balogun has signed his first professional contract with the club.

The 17-year-old striker has scored 13 goals so far this season for our under-18s side.

Flo, as he is known amongst his team mates, is an academy graduate, having been at the club since he was 10 years old.

Everyone at the club would like to congratulate Flo on his new contract and we look forward to his continued development.