It was another fascinating weekend in the FA Women’s Championship and Gunners loanee Freya Godfrey played a pivotal role.
She came on in the 70th minute of Charlton Athletic’s 1-1 draw at home to Sunderland on Sunday, winning the ball in the middle of the park and providing the assist for Tegan McGowan to open the scoring in the 90th minute.
Sunderland equalised in the 95th minute of the top-of-the-table clash. The two sides remain level on points with Charlton in first place having scored two goals more.
Just below Sunderland, our upcoming Continental League Cup opponents, Southampton, beat Crystal Palace 4-3 on Sunday.
Araya Dennis played 87 minutes of the match for the Eagles, who are one point behind Southampton in fourth but with a game in hand.
At the bottom of the table, Watford prop up the division following their 3-1 loss at home to Sheffield United, which Laila Harbert came on in the 54th minute of.
It was a quiet week for men’s club football during the November international break, but Salah-Eddine Oulad M’Hand featured in the first half for FC Den Bosch as they lost 4-1 at home to SC Telstar to go 19th in the Eerste Divisie.
In Sky Bet League Two, Wrexham are fourth with 33 points, seven shy of leaders Stockport County, after their 2-0 defeat away to Accrington Stanley on Saturday, which Arthur Okonkwo played 90 minutes of.
Finally, Billy Vigar played 90 minutes off Eastbourne Borough’s 3-0 defeat at home to Tonbridge Angels on Tuesday. Eastbourne are 18th in the Vanarama National League South.
Players who were unused substitutes:
- Katie Reid - Watford Women
- Kido Taylor-Hart - Bromley
Players who weren’t involved in match day squads:
- Kaylan Marckese - Bristol City Women
- Michelle Agyemang - Watford Women
- Alex Kirk - Bromley
- Mauro Bandeira - Colchester United
- Brian Okonkwo - Leatherhead
- Henry Jeffcott - Derby County Under-21s
Players whose teams didn’t play last week:
- Mika Biereth - Motherwell
- Brooke Norton-Cuffy - Millwall
- Omar Rekik - Wigan Athletic
- Catalin Cirjan - FC Rapid Bucuresti
- Alex Runarsson - Cardiff City
- Charlie Patino - Swansea City
- Nuno Tavares - Nottingham Forest
- Sambi Lokonga - Luton Town
- Kieran Tierney - Real Sociedad
- Marquinhos - Nantes
- Ruby Doe - Ipswich Town Women
Copyright 2023 The Arsenal Football Club Limited. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.