Please read our step-by-step guide below for more information on how to use a digital ticket to access Emirates Stadium. We have also included some Frequently Asked Questions on digital ticketing.
HOW TO ADD YOUR DIGITAL TICKET TO YOUR PHONE
To add your digital match ticket onto your phone, firstly open the email from email@example.com containing your new digital ticket on your phone and click either the “Add to Apple Wallet” button or the GPay “Save to phone” button. Make sure that the displayed ticket has the correct information then tap Next/Save to add your digital ticket to your phone ready to use on matchday.
USING YOUR DIGITAL TICKET ON YOUR PHONE
If data coverage allows, you will receive a notification allowing you to access your digital ticket when nearby Emirates Stadium. If you do not receive a notification, open the digital ticket manually as you approach Emirates Stadium to ensure you are ready to enter through the turnstile.
What is a Digital Ticket?
A digital ticket is an electronic pass that can be stored within the wallet app on your smart phone or smart watch and be used to enter Emirates Stadium by holding your device to the reader at the gate.
Which devices are supported?
All iPhones with Face ID iPhones and all Touch ID iPhones except the iPhone 5S. Please check here for further details on Apple devices. For Android devices.
Why Digital Tickets?
Digital tickets are the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive your match ticket while increasing protection against fraud. Digital tickets provide: 1. Quick and easy entry to Emirates Stadium using your mobile phone or smart device 2. Reduced risk of lost, stolen, counterfeit or forgotten tickets 3. An easy way to go green by printing less paper
How do I add my Digital Ticket to Apple wallet or Google Pay?
Ticket Holders will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing a Ticketfast (PDF) which will also include Google Pay and Apple Wallet buttons that can be used to access your digital ticket.
1. Tap on either the Google Pay “Save to phone” button or the Apple “Add to Apple Wallet” button on the device you want to load the ticket to.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions on your phone to add your ticket.
3. You can view your digital ticket in the Apple Wallet or Google Pay app. Each ticket can only be sent to one phone, so make sure you open the link on the correct device you plan on using. You can add multiple digital tickets if someone in your party does not have Apple Wallet or Google Pay or a smartphone.
How do I download my ticket to my Apple Watch?
Once a ticket has been downloaded onto your iPhone it will automatically be added to your linked Apple Watch and can be accessed via the wallet app.
My child does not have a smart phone?
We would recommend loading your child’s ticket to your phone. When accessing your digital tickets on your mobile device, you will be able to swipe left and right between different tickets to find the correct one to scan. When approaching the turnstile please have the child’s ticket ready first. Scan that ticket and let them go through the turnstile before scanning and entering on your own ticket.
How do I use my Digital Ticket?
Please ensure you charge your phone before arriving at the stadium.
For supporters with an iPhone, make sure that you have set up either a passcode, FaceID or Touch ID on your device as one of these is needed to use your digital ticket.
1. Before arriving to the turnstiles open the ticket by either tapping on the notification on your lock screen or selecting it directly in the Wallet app.
2. Once at the turnstile, hold the top of your iPhone to the ticket scanner. Please do not put your phone inside the scanner as this will not grant you access. If you have multiple tickets stored on your iPhone, simply scan the first one, pull the device away from the reader and swipe to the next ticket and once again tap on the reader.
For Supporters with an Android phone, please make sure NFC (near field communications) is switched on and that GPay is your default payment application. You will be promoted to do this once you open your GPay application.
For Samsung phones - Navigate to and open Settings. Tap Connections, and then tap NFC and payment again. Tap the switch to turn on the NFC feature on your phone, and then tap and pay choosing GPay as your default.
1. Before arriving at the turnstiles, open the ticket by either tapping on the notification on your lock screen or selecting it directly in the GPay app.
2. Once at the turnstile, hold the middle of your phone to the ticket scanner. Please do not put your phone inside the scanner as this will not grant you access. If you have multiple tickets stored on your phone, simply scan the first one, pull the device away from the reader and swipe to the next ticket and once again tap on the reader.
Why is there no barcode on my Digital Ticket?
Our digital tickets utilise NFC functionality (near field connectivity), which means your ticket is activated using the chip in your phone to validate each ticket rather than an image of a barcode. Utilising this functionality will offer more security and prevent the sharing of counterfeit mobile ticket images where a barcode is shared through other digital channels.
Can I send a screenshot of a ticket to someone?
Our digital tickets utilize NFC functionality (near field connectivity), which means your ticket is activated using the chip in your phone to validate each ticket rather than an image of a barcode. Due to these safeguards, screenshots are not accepted as a valid form of entry into the stadium and will not scan on the turnstiles.
Can I forward a Digital Ticket?
You cannot forward a ticket within your Apple Wallet or Google Pay apps but if you have purchased a ticket for a friend of family member, you may forward the email containing the relevant ticket to the match attendee who can add the digital ticket to their Apple or Google wallet from their email. If you have added a digital ticket to your wallet, you must ‘remove pass’ from your smart phone and / or smart watch before forwarding the ticket in order to enable your friend or family member to add the ticket to their digital wallet.
What happens if I cancel my ticket for a match?
Your digital ticket will be updated accordingly, and you will no longer be able to tap for entry. For Apple devices, the digital ticket will update to show as EXPIRED, for Google devices it will appear in your EXPIRED passes section in your wallet.
I store my payment cards and membership card inside my phone case, is that a problem?
Yes, this will cause a ‘card clash’ and therefore you should keep your phone case free from any payment or season cards - the case itself will not be an issue.
How can I view all my Digital Tickets?
All digital tickets that you have added to your wallet can be viewed by opening the Apple Wallet on your iPhone or Apple Watch. On an Android device, open your Google Pay app to view your ticket.
Copyright 2021 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.