Our 2-1 win over Aston Villa on Wednesday was the 200th Premier League victory we’ve chalked up at Emirates Stadium.
The milestone victory came in the 307th league fixture at our venue, after we moved the short distance from Highbury back in 2006.
Our first league win at the stadium came at the third attempt – a 3-0 defeat of Sheffield United on September 23, 2006, following 1-1 draws against Aston Villa and Middlesbrough.
In fact, each of the first eight league games at the Emirates ended in either 1-1 draws or 3-0 wins. Our goalscorers in that first victory were William Gallas, Thierry Henry and a Phil Jagielka own goal (all three, coincidentally, share a birthday).
Fast forward 16 years and it was Gabriel Martinelli’s winner that brought up the double century.
A few highlights from life at Emirates Stadium
- The full league record at the Emirates is: P307 W200 D65 L42 F624 A266.
- In addition to the league games, we’ve also won 37 in the Champions League, 22 in the League Cup, 21 in the FA Cup and 15 in the Europa League for 295 wins overall, from 444 games.
- Our biggest league win at the stadium was 7-1 against Blackburn in 2012/13 and the most victories we’ve racked up in a single campaign is 15 (in 2009/10 and 2017/18).
- Theo Walcott has appeared on the winning team more often than any other player at the Emirates, he featured in 92 of the 200 league victories.
- The teams we have recorded the most PL wins over are Newcastle and West Ham United (12 each), followed by Everton (11).
- The most common winning scoreline is 2-0 (40 times).
- There’s still a way to catch up with our record at Highbury though, we won 981 league games at our former home, for a win rate of 58 per cent, compared to 65 per cent at the Emirates.
Copyright 2023 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.