Arsenal will face Udinese in this season's Champions League Play-Off Round.
The draw took place in Nyon, Switzerland on Friday and saw the Gunners first out of the hat, meaning they will host the first leg at Emirates Stadium.
The matches will be played either side of the second weekend of the Premier League campaign - the first leg at Emirates Stadium is scheduled for August 16 or 17 with the second leg on August 23 or 24.
Now scroll down for more information on our Italian opponents.
Full name: Udinese Calcio
From: Udine, Italy
Home ground: Stadio Friuli (40,000)
Manager: Francesco Guidolin
- Arsenal have never played against Udinese before.
- Udinese qualified for the Play-Off with a goalless draw against champions Milan on the final day of the season, which earned them a fourth-place finish.
- It is the second time in their history that they have qualified for the Play-Off draw. The other occasion was in 2004/5 when the club went on to beat Sporting Lisbon 4–2 on aggregate to reach the Champions League proper.
- They play attractive football, and striker Antonio Di Natale has been Serie A top scorer for the past two seasons.
- Udinese’s Stadio Friuli holds 40,000.
- Arsenal have enjoyed significant success against Italian sides in the Champions League in recent years. Including a win on penalties against Roma to get to the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League in 2008/09, beating AC Milan 2-0 at the San Siro in 2007/08, beating Juventus in the Quarter-Finals in 2005/06 and beating Inter 5-1 at the San Siro in 2003/04.