The Arsenal Ladies Development Team has been structured with the sole aim of producing and preparing players for our first team.
We have a very strict recruitment policy. We only take the most gifted and talented female players, between the ages of 16 and 19. International or under-17 Centre of Excellence playing experience is a minimum requirement.
The training programme for the Arsenal Ladies Development Squad follows an intensive schedule that includes squad training sessions, strength and conditioning sessions, as well as opportunities to train with our first team. Training takes place within high-quality learning environments at excellent venues.
In the past two seasons the development team has produced and prepared the following players, who are now part of our first-team squad: Jade Bailey, Leah Williamson, Carla Humphrey, Vyan Sampson and Chloe Kelly.
Many more players have gone on to play for other WSL clubs or have achieved scholarships at universities in both the UK & USA.
Players that are offered a place within our Development team will benefit from the following:
- High level training, three times per week
- Competitive matches in the WSL Development League and Development Cup
- Constant feedback on performance and progression
- Opportunities to train with our first team
- All Puma training and match kit provided
- Tailored diet and exercise program
- Free admission to all Arsenal Ladies home matches
We expect the following from players:
- Born 1996 onwards
- International or under-17 COE Experience
- Commitment to attend all training sessions and matches
- Dedicated mindset to want to improve
- Understanding the Arsenal Ladies values
- Determination to become the best player you can be
We will not be running any open trails for the development team. However if you meet our recruitment guidelines, please email your footballing CV to email@example.com
Please note that you may not be invited to trial or be contacted if you do not meet the above criteria.Copyright 2017 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source