The Club has a number of vacancies for membership of the Supporters’ Forum. These have arisen as people reach the end of their two year term of office.
The Forum meets three times a season before home games and has the following aims:
- To maintain an effective two-way dialogue between the Club and fans
- To ensure that the Club has a continued understanding of issues that affect supporters
- An opportunity for the Club to discuss and develop new ideas with fan representatives
The Forum is attended by Arsenal Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis and other senior Club officials. The key areas covered include: ticketing, stadium development, policing, community activities and supporters’ complaints procedures. Additional topics identified by the Club or representatives will be open to discussion.
Role of a Forum representative
Forum members are expected to act as a conduit for fans’ questions and queries from the broad areas of support they represent. A web-form query submission process has been set up on the Arsenal.com website for supporters to submit queries to Forum representatives and appropriate administrative support will be provided by the Club.
Travel and expenses
Reasonable expenses may be paid for travel to and from the Forum (for those who travel a long distance). Meetings are held prior to home games and a match ticket will be provided to any Forum member who does not have a match ticket.
The Forum has up to 18 representatives in total. There are currently seven vacant positions (due to the fact that several representatives have had to retire by rotation in May 2012):
|Category||No of places|
|A||Arsenal Supporters Club (domestic) representative||1|
|B||Disabled supporters representative||1|
|C||Family Enclosure Member representative||1|
|D||Club Level representative||1|
|E||Red Member representative||1|
|F||Ethnic minority representative||1|
|G||Away scheme Member representative||1|
How do I apply to become a representative on the Forum?
For Group A
Arsenal Supporters Club branch (domestic):-
- Any Supporters Club branch that wants to provide a representative should contact Jill Smith (email@example.com / 0207 704 4949) to express an interest
For Groups B-G:
Disabled supporter, Family Enclosure representative, Club Level representative, Red Member representative, Ethnic minority representative and Away Scheme representative:-
Complete the Application Form below and post it to:
75 Drayton Park
Alternatively, e-mail your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are to be received no later than 12.00pm on Friday 18th May 2011.
- After the closing date for applications, Arsenal Football Club will sort the applications into the relevant categories and carry out a validity check. One representative and one reserve for each vacant category will be selected based on their application forms
- You may only submit ONE application and you may only apply to represent ONE category. Applicants who make multiple applications will be disqualified