By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger wants clarity on the Uefa rules regarding touchline bans.

The Arsenal manager sat in the stands on Tuesday throughout his side's 1-0 win over Udinese. During the first half UEFA had indicated to the Club that he was allowed to communicate with the bench via Boro Primorac, after half time he was not.

Speaking to Arsenal Player on Thursday, the Frenchman confirmed that he wanted to respect that rules but had been left confused by what he was allowed to do on the night.
"It was difficult because you didn't really know what the rules were," he said. "They told us first we could communicate through my assistant and at half-time it was not like that. It was a bit confusing.

"It is a real concern because up to what level can you stop someone doing their job?

"I did not feel I had done a lot. We tried to respect the rules as they are set by UEFA but, of course, it is very difficult to see how you can stop someone having an influence.

"What is true is that you can't go to the dressing rooms but I did not do that."

The full interview with Wenger will be available on Arsenal Player on Friday. He discusses: the win against Udinese, the second leg in Italy, the goalkeeping situation, Fabregas' departure, Eboue's time at Arsenal, Liverpool, Arsenal's 100th win at Emirates Stadium and more.

Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 18 Aug 2011