Thomas Vermaelen is about to embark on his second season in English football and the departure of four Arsenal defenders during the summer makes him the senior centre back at Emirates Stadium.
The Belgian is relishing the challenge and was in positive mood when he spoke to Arsenal TV Online at the launch for Arsenal's new Charity of the Season, Centrepoint.
- the mood in the squad
- the advantage of hosting a pre-season tournament
- whether there is more pressure on him
- how he feels ahead of his second season
- what went wrong in 2009/10
- why he thinks this season will be different
- the title contenders
- Manchester City's spending power
Subscribers can now watch this exclusive interview on Arsenal TV Online.Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 12 Aug 2010