Bacary Sagna could shake off his ankle injury just in time to face Chelsea on Sunday. The Frenchman has not featured since he was stretchered off against Aston Villa but he could give his manager a timely boost as Arsenal attempt to turn around their Premier League fortunes on Sunday.
Stamford Bridge is a place that holds mixed emotions for Sagna. Last season, the defender nodded home his first and only Arsenal goal to hand his side the lead just after the hour mark. The Frenchman then picked up an injury that would keep him out for the rest of the season and the Gunners conceded two late Didier Drogba goals to compound a bittersweet afternoon for Sagna.
In this exclusive interview the defender discussed:
- his comeback from injury
- the possibility of facing Chelsea
- scoring his first Arsenal goal in such an important game
- the importance of three points in West London
- his 'strange afternoon' at Stamford Bridge last season
- taking inspiration from their victory over Manchester United
Subscribers can watch this video now.Copyright 2017 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source