By Josh James in Kuala Lumpur

Four goals, a clean sheet, every player in action and an unforgettable reception from the fans - all in all last night's game was the perfect send-off to the Malaysian leg of the tour.

'Lethal Gunners' is the headline on the back page of The Star newspaper out here in Kuala Lumpur this morning, and the paper goes on to state that 'Arsenal gave Malaysia a lesson in football' and devotes three pages to the game.

Approaching 70,000 passionate fans were inside the stadium - the vast majority of them sporting Arsenal kit. It made for a unique atmosphere - almost like a cup final with no segregation, and where the fans seemed to want both teams to win.

One of the banners inside the 87,000 capacity Bukit Jalil Stadium summed it up nicely – 'Gunners in my heart - Tigers are my soul'. The match brought a whole new meaning to the phrase 'club v country'. These fans simply chose to support both.

But there's no doubt the vast majority were here mainly to catch a glimpse of their Arsenal heroes in the flesh. It must make a welcome change from following Premier League matches via the internet at 4am.

As such there was a huge sense of excitement and anticipation steadily building from at least three hours prior to kick-off, which culminated in huge roars when the teams finally took to the field at 8.45pm local time.

Aaron Ramsey's early penalty raised the decibel levels yet further, and the Gunners remained in control from then on.

It was a special night too, for Ryo Miyaichi and Carl Jenkinson, both wearing the shirt for the first time, and both will be pleased with their debuts. In fact, it was the first time any of the team had worn this particular shirt, as the brand new 125 anniversary away kit was given its premier airing.

At the final whistle captain for the night Thomas Vermaelen went up to receive the shield from the Crown Prince before the squad returned to the hotel for a post-match snack.

This morning the players headed to the pool for a recovery session - which also happened to coincide with the only heavy daytime downpour of the trip so far.

But it failed to dampen the spirits. At just after midday, and following an impromptu signing session with the patient fans staked out at the hotel entrance, the players left Kuala Lumpur for the last time, destined for Hangzhou - a five-hour flight away.

Malaysia was a resounding success - next stop China.

Copyright 2017 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to as the source
14 Jul 2011