By Chris Harris
The younger Pole will make his fourth consecutive first-team appearance in the FA Cup replay at Leeds and looks set to keep goal for the home games against Wigan and Ipswich too.
On the plus side, the Arsenal manager has no new injuries to report from the win at West Ham and will welcome back Bacary Sagna from his three-match suspension at Elland Road.
“We look alright,” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online. “We have of course Ramsey available again and Diaby is not far away. So overall the situation has not deteriorated and we hope to get Diaby back soon.
“Wigan will be too early [for Diaby], even I believe Ipswich will be too early, but the game after he should be available. He should be the first one who will be back.
“We still have Fabianski out with a shoulder injury, we still have Almunia out and therefore Wojciech will continue to play.
“Fabianski had a little setback, it doesn’t improve as quickly as we thought and like Diaby he will not be available for Wigan or Ipswich but after. Squillaci could be available in two weeks.”
Subscribers can watch the full interview with Wenger on Arsenal TV Online later. In it he discusses:
- a good weekend for Arsenal
- what Van Persie brings to the team
- the latest injury bulletin
- Vermaelen’s recovery
- the latest on his search for a centre back
- the changes he might make at Leeds
- Szczesny’s authority in goal
- the atmosphere at Elland Road
- how Leeds have impressed him
- the reason for so many FA Cup shocks