Arsenal face Sunderland in their opening match of the Premier League campaign at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.
With Stats Zone, you can brush up on the facts and figures behind every Gunners home match this season, brought to you by Opta and the Official Matchday Programme.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 11 opening day fixtures
- Their goalscoring record for opening-day fixtures in the Premier League era is: F38, A18
- This is the first time Arenal have kicked off at home since 2008 (see previous Premier League opening day home results below):
ARSENAL V SUNDERLAND - FACTS
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last 17 league games against Sunderland
- The Gunners recouped the most points from losing positions of any team in the 2011-12 Premier League
- Arsène Wenger's side didn’t win a single penalty at the Emirates in the 2011-12 Premier League
- 28 per cent of the goals Sunderland conceded were headers, the highest proportion in the top flight last season
- Arsenal scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other team in the 2011-12 Premier League (12)
- Arsenal have won none of their last three Premier League games at home (D2 L1)
- Sunderland have won none of their last seven Premier League away matches (D3 L4)
- Martin O'Neill has only won one of 16 Premier League meetings with Arsène Wenger as a manager (W1 D6 L9): a 2-0 win at the Emirates with Aston Villa in November 2008
The Matchday programme is coming to iPad! Find out more here.Copyright 2017 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source