Jay Simpson has enjoyed an eventful year in his quest for football at the highest level.
The bustling striker spent a successful campaign on loan at Millwall, made his Arsenal debut in the Carling Cup and is now back among the goals for Neil Banfield's Reserve team.
The 19-year-old spoke to Arsenal TV Online after his penalty helped the young Gunners to a 3-2 victory over Stoke City on Monday night. Jay discussed:
- the performance against Stoke
- his partnership with Rui Fonte
- Mikael Silvestre's professionalism
- getting over last week's poor display
- what he took from his loan spell
- his Carling Cup ambitions
Subscribers can watch the interview now.Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 8 Oct 2008