By Nick Teale
Aaron Ramsey has described his strike against Portsmouth as his best Arsenal goal to date but says the three points were more important than any personal glory.
In the 69th minute of the game Ramsey won the ball in midfield and smashed it home from 22 yards.
Speaking exclusively to Arsenal TV Online after the match, the Welshman said he was just pleased to have been able to help the team.
"I think that's the best goal so far," he said. "There's been injuries and I had to do a job tonight and I think I did that.
"But it isn't about me, it's about the team. We had a good performance and it was important to get the three points."
Subscribers can watch the interview in full now. Aaron discusses:
- Arsenal's performance
- an important victory
- his goal being the best he has scored for the Club
- a tough game at Fratton Park
- filling the midfield vacancies
- keeping the pressure on Chelsea
- the important of beating Bolton next week
- the toughest league in the world
- the confidence the players have in the title race
Subscribers can watch this exclusive interview now.Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 31 Dec 2009