- Arsenal and Liverpool have contested three FA Cup Finals, Arsenal winning two in 1950 and 1971, and Liverpool winning one, in 2001.
- Arsenal have never lost at Anfield in an FA Cup tie. The Gunners drew 0-0 there in 1923 and won 2-0 in 1936.
- The two teams contested a marathon four-game Semi-Final in 1980, Arsenal finally winning 1-0 with a goal from Brian Talbot at Highfield Road.
- Arsenal have won the FA Cup 10 times to Liverpool's seven.
- The teams last met in the competition five years ago when a Dennis Bergkamp goal gave us a 1-0 win at Highbury. Liverpool's Jamie Carragher was sent off later in the game.
Copyright 2017 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source