By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger has no new injuries to report ahead of the season-opener against Fulham on Sunday.
 
Last week, the manager ruled out Gilberto from the start of the campaign because he is still recovering from the effects of the Copa America and suggested Emmanuel Adebayor was extremely doubtful with a groin problem.

When he spoke to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday lunchtime, those were still the only likely absences for the Emirates Stadium clash.
 
"Gilberto is not ready and at the moment the only one who is doubtful is Adebayor," said Wenger.
 
The manager described the Togolese striker's recovery time as "very short". But the Brazilian may not be ready until September.
 
"We have a three-week plan to build him up again," said Wenger. "He did not play the last game of the Copa America and had three and a half weeks off. It will take two or three weeks to get him ready. If you don't do that he will suffer during rest of the season."
 
Arsenal TV Online subscribers will be able to see the full interview with Arsène on Friday morning. In it, he talks about the new season, challenging for the title, his business over the summer, the transfer market in general, the hope of more signings, the captaincy, injuries and Fulham

Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source Richard Clarke 9 Aug 2007