Full name: Barnet Football Club
From: Barnet, North London
Nickname: The Bees
Club colours: Amber shirt with black trim, black shorts and socks with amber trim.
Home ground: Underhill Stadium (5,568)
Last season: 21st in League Two
Manager: Mark Stimson (pictured left)
Sam Cox, Darren Dennehy, Joe Devera, Clovis Kamdjo, Jordan Parkes, Anwar Uddin (captain), Reece Yorke.
Danny Hart, Mark Hughes, Rossi Jarvis, Glenn Poole, Glen Southam.
Ricky Holmes, Danny Kelly, Charlie Stimson, Mauro Vilhete.
10 FACTS ON BARNET
- Barnet FC was formed in 1888 by ex-scholars of Cowley College and Lyonsdown Collegiate School having formerly been known as New Barnet and Woodville FC.
- Their nickname the Bees is believed to have come from the apiaries close to Underhill in the early years of the 20th century.
- Having originally played in New Barnet, the club moved to their current home Underhill in 1907.
- In 1912/13 Barnet were inaugural members of the Athenian League, an amateur division made up of teams from in and around London. They completed in it for 50 years and were champions seven times.
- The club's crest, designed in the 50s, features a green hill which represents the hill of High Barnet and red and white crossed swords and roses. This represents the Battle Of Barnet, one of the most important battles of the War of the Roses.
- Former Gunner Gerry Ward played for, and managed, Barnet. Ward still holds the record as the youngest Arsenal player to ever start a league match.
- Underhill is the smallest Football League ground in London with an approximate capacity of just over 5,500.
- In 2004, Arsenal won the equivalent fixture 10-1 having gone behind early on. Jose Antonio Reyes and Francis Jeffers both scored hat-tricks for the Gunners.
- Arsenal's Nacer Barazite has scored in the past three pre-season friendlies against Barnet.
- Arsenal and Barnet have never met in a competitive match.
Get THREE live and exclusive pre-season fixtures for just £3 on Arsenal TV Online!
Copyright 2016 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source