Arsenal will face Olympique de Marseille, Olympiacos and Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League Group Stages.
Now scroll down for more information on our Group F opponents.
Full name: Olympique de Marseille
From: Marseille, France
Home ground: Stade Vélodrome (60,031)
Manager: Didier Deschamps
- Arsenal have never played Marseille in a competitive match before.
- Marseille won the UEFA Champions League in 1993 and they have now qualified for the competition for five consecutive seasons, a club record.
Full name: Olympiacos Club of Fans of Piraeus
From: Piraeus, Greece
Home ground: Karaiskakis Stadium Piraeus (33,334)
Manager: Ernesto Valverde
- Arsenal played Olympiacos in the Group Stage of the 2009/10 Champions League. We beat them 2-0 at home (goals from Van Persie and Arshavin) and lost 1-0 away.
- Olympiacos is the most successful club in Greece, with 38 League titles, 24 Greek Cups and 4 Greek Super Cups.
- We have also played a number of times in Greece against Panathinaikos – most recently in the 2004/05, 2001/02 and 1998/99 Champions League campaigns.
Full name: Ballspiel-Verein Borussia 1909
From: Dortmund, Germany
Home ground: Signal Iduna Park (80,720)
Head Coach: Jürgen Klopp
- They are the reigning Bundesliga champions (for the first time in a decade) and won the Champions League in 1997.
- Arsenal played against Borussia Dortmund in the 2002/03 Champions League First Group Stage. We beat Dortmund 2-0 at home and were beaten 2-1 away.
- We have also played Bundesliga sides Hamburg, Bayern Munich and Bayern Leverkusen in recent Champions League campaigns: v Hamburg, 2006/07 Group Stage. 2-1 (a) & 3-1 (h); v Bayern Munich, 2004/05 Knock Out stage. 1-3 (a) & 1-0 (h).