By Richard Clarke
Arsenal could be without William Gallas and Emmanuel Eboue for the trip to Stoke on Saturday.
Both defenders were involved in the 4-4 draw with Tottenham on Wednesday night and picked up niggles. The captain has a hamstring problem while the Ivorian defender is struggling with his knee. The former is almost certainly out while the latter is facing further tests.
“It looks like Gallas will be out and maybe Eboue too,” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online on Thursday lunchtime. “We’ll assess him tomorrow.
“It is a little recurrence of the hamstring for William and for Manu it is his knee. He is not running properly at the moment. He still has pain there.”
TV Online subscribers can see the full interview on Friday morning, in it the Arsenal manager talks about:
- The lessons of the draw against Tottenham
- Conceding goals from distance
- Maturity in the side
- Keeping the spirit in the side high
- Going third but losing ground on the leaders
- How he rotates his squad at busy times
- Facing a tough Stoke side
- Coping with Rory Delap’s throw-ins
- Whether he would ever use that tactic