Emmanuel Frimpong could have been one of the success stories of Arsenal's season.
The powerful midfielder started all six of the first team's pre-season fixtures, linking up with fellow academy graduate Jack Wilshere, and was tipped for great things by Arsène Wenger.
A serious knee put paid to all that. While Wilshere enjoyed his own meteoric rise, Frimpong's was put on hold for another year.
The 19-year-old is back in training now and sat down to discuss his recent ups and downs in an exclusive interview with Arsenal TV Online.
- how good it feels to be back
- how he got his knee injury
- coping with a long-term absence
- the progress he made before the injury
- Arsène Wenger's praise
- his Dallas Cup experience
- his thoughts on Arsenal's campaign
- high hopes for next season
Subscribers can now watch this interview 'on demand' on Arsenal TV Online.Copyright 2013 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 5 May 2011