Full name: FC Shakhtar Donetsk
From: Donetsk, Ukraine
Club colours: Black and orange striped shirts, black shorts, orange socks.
Home ground: Donbass Arena (51,504)
Nicknames: Hirnyky (Miners), Kroty (Moles)
Last season: 1st in Ukrainian Premier League
Manager: Mircea Lucescu (pictured left)
Rustam Khudzhamov, Andriy Pyatov.
Tomáš Hübschman, Olexandr Kucher, Vyacheslav Shevchuk, Răzvan Raţ, Dmytro Chygrynskiy, Mykola Ishchenko, Olexandr Chyzhov, Serhiy Kryvtsov.
Fernandinho, Jadson, Willian, Vasyl Kobin, Taras Stepanenko, Olexiy Gai, Douglas Costa, Alex Teixeira, Darijo Srna.
Luiz Adriano, Eduardo, Henrik Mkhitaryan, Marcelo Moreno.
10 FACTS ON... SHAKHTAR DONETSK
- The club was founded as Stakhanovets, which was the name of a miners' labour society
- Shakhtar won the UEFA Cup in 2009, beating Tottenham Hotspur along the way
- Though they then went on to lose the UEFA Super Cup to Barcelona at the start of the following season
- They have a new state-of-the-art stadium that opened in 2009
- Manager Mircea Lucescu has previously managed Inter Milan, Galatasaray and the Romanian national team
- His son Razvan Lucescu is currently the Romanian manager
- Shakthar were knocked out of last season's Europa League by Fulham at the round of 32 stage
- Shakthar's biggest win in a UEFA competition came when they enjoyed a 5-0 win over FC Basel in the Champions League in 2008
- They are the current Ukrainian Premier League champions
- Shakhtar have won 27 of their last 30 Ukrainian Premier League games