Andre Santos became Arsène Wenger’s sixth signing of the summer when he joined the Club from Fenerbahce on Wednesday.
Here are ten facts you may not know about Arsenal’s new number 11:
- Andre was born in Sao Paulo on March 8, 1983.
- His full name is André Clarindo dos Santos.
- Andre hit 10 goals in his 52 league appearances for Fenerbahce.
- He has 22 caps for Brazil, making his debut against Egypt in June 2009.
- Andre featured in all four of Brazil's matches at this year's Copa America.
- He also featured prominently at the 2009 Confederations Cup, a tournament Brazil won.
- Andre won the Turkish Super Lig with Fenerbahce last season.
- He is also a two-time winner of the Copa do Brasil - with Flamengo and Corinthians.
- Andre played at Emirates Stadium during Brazil's 2-0 victory over Scotland in March 2011.
- His youth team, Figueirense, has famously helped produce both Edmundo and Michel Bastos.