Lukasz Fabianski was thrust into the heat of a Champions League Quarter-Final tie on Tuesday night and emerged with his reputation enhanced.
The Polish goalkeeper replaced the injured Manuel Almunia in the first half of the first leg at El Madrigal and made a fine double-save just moments later.
After the game Lukasz spoke to Arsenal TV Online. He discussed:
- coming on in such difficult circumstances
- coping with the pressure in that sort of atmosphere
- the importance of making those early saves
- stepping up to replace the injured Almunia
- coping with the serious knock picked up by Gallas
- the state of the tie after the 1-1 draw
Subscribers can watch this video now.Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 9 Apr 2009