Full name: Paris Saint-Germain F.C
From: Paris, France
Club colours: Navy blue and red
Ground: Parc des Princes, Paris (capacity 48,000 approx)
Last Season: sixth in Ligue 1
Manager: Antoine Kombouare
Gregory Coupet, Apoula Edima Edel
Marcos Ceara, Mamadou Sakho, Gregory Bourillon, Sammy Traore, Zoumana Camara, Sylvain Armand, Florian Makhedjouf, Alassane Tambe.
Claude Makelele, Stephane Sessegnon, Clement Chantome, Jeremy Clement, Tripy Makonda, Jerome Rothen, Granddi Ngoyi, Younousse Sankhare, Maxime Partouche, Abdelaziz Barrada, Albert Baning, Youssouf Mulumbu.
Ludovic Giuly, Peguy Luyindula, Guillaume Hoarau, Mevlut Erding, Mateja Kezman, Loris Arnaud, Jean-Eudes Maurice, Yannick Boli.
|Uefa Cup Winners' Cup||1996|
|Uefa Intertoto Cup||2001|
10 FACTS ON PSG
- PSG have been playing in Ligue 1 since 1974, the current championship record
- The club was founded in 1904 with the name Stade Saint Germain. In 1970, after a merger with Paris FC, the name Paris Saint-Germain was adopted
- PSG enjoy a fierce rivalry with Olympique Marseilles
- Manager Antoine Kombouare spent two years playing for Aberdeen making 44 appearances
- Fashion designer Daniel Hechter designed PSG’s iconic shirt in 1973
- The club badge shows the cradle of King Louis XIV, the Saint Germain en Laye city coat of arms, underneath the Eiffel Tower
- Notable ex-players include Nicolas Anelka, Ronaldinho, George Weah and Ray Wilkins
- Despite spending the last 25 years in Ligue 1, PSG have won it only twice
- The Parc des Princes was originally a velodrome and marked the finish of the Tour de France
- The stadium was France’s national stadium until the Stade de France was built for France ’98
Parc des Princes, Paris