By Richard Clarke
All three were part of a quartet of short-term absentees for the Champions League tie at AZ Alkmaar on Tuesday. However it seems only Theo Walcott (knee) is certain to continue his spell on the sidelines for the Upton Park clash.
“Rosicky (knee) and Bendtner (groin) are 50:50 but Eduardo (thigh) should be back,” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online. “I would say only Walcott is definitely out.”
Lukasz Fabianski (knee) and Samir Nasri (broken leg) both made comebacks in the Reserves on Tuesday night however the manager hinted he would be cautious about throwing them in against Gianfranco Zola’s side.
“It is possible [they will be included],” said Wenger. “But it depends on our needs. Ideally Nasri will need the game against Liverpool to be completely part of the squad again. So it depends on the urgency.”
Meanwhile the Frenchman gave an update on two players who have been missing for sometime.
Arsenal TV Online subscribers will be able to see the full interview on Friday. In it, the manager talks about:
- his birthday ‘celebrations’
- the Shareholders meeting
- his shared vision with Ivan Gazidis
- the lessons learned in Alkmaar
- the issue of complacency
- West Ham’s troubled season
- Gianfranco Zola’s interesting additions to his squad
- the credit crunch and football
- the Liverpool v Man United clash
- the form of the Anfield club