A year is a long time in football.
Twelve months ago Johan Djourou was nearing the end of a successful loan spell under Steve Bruce at Birmingham City. The Blues have since been relegated to the Championship, Bruce has moved on to Wigan Athletic and things have changed for Johan too.
The Swiss defender's march towards the first team has gathered pace throughout 2008 and, earlier this month, he spoke exclusively to Arsenal TV Online about a massive 12 months for his career.
- his loan deal at St Andrews
- what he brought back from Birmingham
- his 'now or never' year
- getting nastier
- dealing with a serious injury
- his disappointment at Euro 2008
- the importance of the Carling Cup for him
- his New Year's resolutions
- whether he could do a job in midfield
Subscribers can watch this exclusive interview now.Copyright 2016 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source