This week on Arsenal.com we're examining the sterling work done by Arsenal in the Community as the department approaches its 25th anniversary.
Education is a major strand of Arsenal's community work and no scheme has proved more successful than the Arsenal Double Club. Over the past decade this scheme has used football coaching and imaginative teaching to enhance the education of local children.
Scott Cohen is one of the driving forces behind the Double Club. In an exclusive interview he discusses:
- the Double Club's mission statement
- his role in the education scheme
- using football as an educational tool
- the different modules available
- how first-team players help out
- the future for the Double Club
This interview is free to all Arsenal.com visitors.Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 28 Jul 2008