A minute before half time at the Stadio Olimpico, Gael Clichy was involved in a real heart-in-mouth moment for Arsenal when he tangled with Roma defender Marco Motta just inside the area.
Luckily for the Gunners, referee Manuel Gonzalez waved play on and the aggregate score stayed locked at 1-1.
After the game, the French defender spoke exclusively to Arsenal TV Online about the moment before running the rule over the team's performance.
- coming back in the second half
- the goal that Arsenal conceded
- the penalty incident
- the difficulty of playing extra time
- his confidence in Manuel Almunia in the shoot-out
- where he was on the list of penalty takers
- taking advantage of a little luck
- the importance of keeping momentum going in the season
Subscribers can see this video now.Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 12 Mar 2009