Arsenal Football Club is delighted to be travelling to the Far East this summer and once again visiting our passionate supporters in the region.
The Gunners start the Arsenal 2012 Tour, Presented by Emirates by visiting Kuala Lumpur once again to face a Malaysia XI on Tuesday, July 24 (kick off 9.45pm local time) at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil, having played the same opponents on last year's visit. The Club's tour to Malaysia this summer is being promoted by ProEvents.
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “Further to the overwhelming success of our visit to Kuala Lumpur in 2011, everyone associated with Arsenal is very excited to once again be visiting Malaysia this year.
“We are delighted that our many loyal fans in Malaysia and neighbouring regions will again have the chance to see their team in action live. We had a fantastic time in Malaysia last year and we are all looking forward to visiting this great country and meeting its wonderful people again in July.”
After the match in Kuala Lumpur, the Gunners will travel to China to face Manchester City in the inaugural ‘China Cup’, a one-off match in the famous Beijing National Stadium on Friday, July 27 (kick-off 8pm local time). Arsenal's tour to China this summer is being promoted by Winoly.
Gazidis said: “We enjoy huge support in Asia and by playing a match in Beijing, we will once again be bringing the Club close to our loyal fans in China. The players and staff had an amazing time in China last year and we are all looking forward to visiting this great country again in July.
“The match against Manchester City is sure to be an exciting spectacle, with many great players from both sides playing in front of thousands of supporters in the wonderful ‘Bird’s Nest’ Stadium. It is also fitting that two English clubs are playing each other on the opening day of the London 2012 Olympics, in the stadium which hosted the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.”
Two days after this match Arsenal will play against Hong Kong champions Kitchee FC at the Hong Kong Stadium on Sunday, July 29. The Club's tour to Hong Kong is being promoted by ProEvents.
The game will give the Club’s huge fan base in Hong Kong the opportunity to see Wenger’s team play live ahead of the 2012/13 season.
Gazidis said: “It’s great that Arsenal are visiting Hong Kong again after 17 years. We have many followers in Hong Kong and it’s wonderful that these special fans will have an opportunity to see the first team live in action.
“The match will follow on from our visit to Beijing, where we play Manchester City in the Bird’s Nest, and is another indication of Arsenal’s commitment to Asia.”
Ticket details and travel options for supporters wishing to attend the matches will feature soon on Arsenal.com, together with any further developments and news regarding the Club’s summer pre-season schedule.
- FREE VIDEO: Vermaelen the Chinese Warrior
- Imagined by China, made by Arsenal
- Vermaelen the Chinese Warrior - Pictures
- Walcott - The passion in Asia is unreal
- Jenkinson - Fans in Asia blew me away
- Szczesny - Fans make Asia trip so enjoyable
- Wenger - China can be a footballing force
- Wenger - Chinese fans are so knowledgable
- Arsenal postpone pre-season trip to Nigeria
- Malaysia's 'Super Gunners' are selected
- Arsenal set to face Nigerian national team
- Still time to prove you are a 'Super Gunner'
- Tickets for Kitchee v Arsenal game sold out
- Kitchee FC v Arsenal - Ticket info
- Manchester City v Arsenal - Ticket info
- Malaysia XI v Arsenal - Ticket info
- Club announces Save the Children project
- Arsenal re-launch Chinese site on QQ platform
- FREE VIDEO: 2011 Asia Tour reflections
- Gazidis attends Kitchee Cup press conference
- Malaysia XI v Arsenal tickets to go on sale
- Emirates partner with Arsenal for 2012 tour
- Arsenal to play pre-season game in Nigeria
- National Stadium, Bukit Jalil - Pictures
- Arsenal to visit Malaysia on summer tour
- Hong Kong Stadium - Picture Gallery
- Arsenal announce Hong Kong match - Pictures
- Arsenal to play pre-season game in Hong Kong
- Press conference in Beijing - Pictures
- Beijing National Stadium - Pictures
- Arsenal to face Manchester City in Beijing