Arsenal take on Coventry City in the Capital One Cup third round at Emirates Stadium on Wednesday.
With Stats Zone, you can brush up on the facts and figures behind every Gunners match this season, brought to you by Opta and the Official Matchday Programme.
UP FOR THE CUP - ARSENAL STATS
PLAYER COMPARISON - COQUELIN V ARTETA
Following the departure of Alex Song in the summer, Mikel Arteta has taken on a deeper role in the Arsenal team to help protect the back four. The Spaniard has flourished in his new position and his discipline has been essential to the success of the three-man midfield. Such has been Arteta's influence he has played more passes than anyone else in the Premier League (484), yet has a staggering pass success rate of 93.4 per cent.
Francis Coquelin has found first-team opportunities more limited this term but is expected to get his chance in Wednesday night's Carling Cup third-round tie against Coventry City. The France Under-21 international has proven his versatility by playing in a number of positions at the Club - but the deeper defensive role that Arteta inhabits is his natural role. And as his Opta stats show, Coquelin's passing accuracy so far this term (92 per cent, with an 89.3 per cent success rate in the opposition half) suggests he is a more than capable understudy to his more senior counterpart.
- Arsenal have won four of their last five matches (in all competitions) with Coventry although the last time they met was in February 2001
- The two sides have met three times in the League Cup with Arsenal winning twice and Coventry winning the other
- Arsène Wenger’s side have lost just two of their last 35 matches in the League Cup against clubs from lower divisions than them (W24 D9 L2)
- When drawn away to clubs from a higher division than them in the League Cup, Coventry City have only won once in six games (L5) although that win did come in their last trip. They beat Manchester United 2-0 in the third round of the 2008 competition
- Arsenal are unbeaten in 10 matches in all competitions (W4 D6)
The Matchday Programme is now available on the iPad! Find out more here.Copyright 2013 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 25 Sep 2012