By Richard Clarke
Robin van Persie and Laurent Koscielny will miss the crucial Premier League game with Stoke on Wednesday night.
The Dutch striker has a hamstring problem while the French defender is suffering from a back complaint. However both injuries are short-term and the pair may recover in time for the Carling Cup Final on Sunday.
Abou Diaby (calf) is injured but he is still suspended anyway.
“We don’t have Van Persie, Diaby and Koscielny available,” Wenger told TV Online on Tuesday. “Everybody else is fit.
“Diaby is suspended. Van Persie has a hamstring problem and Koscielny a back problem. Both are short term and they have a chance for the game on Sunday.
TV Online subscribers can see the full interview later. In it, Wenger talks about:
- What Stoke will do on Wednesday night
- Why this is his busiest late season ever
- How he juggles his resources
- The Leyton Orient game on Sunday
- Jermaine Pennant’s return to English football
- Andrey Arshavin’s confidence