By Richard Clarke
Alex Song may return for the visit of Manchester City on Saturday evening.
The midfielder, who has missed the last three games with an inflamed cartilage, faces a fitness test on Friday.
The inclusion of the Cameroon international is the only major change possible from the squad that lost at Wigan last Sunday. That is because Andrey Arshavin (calf), Manuel Almunia (wrist) and Denilson (groin) are still out.
“Maybe Song [could be off the injury list],” Wenger told TV Online on Thursday. “He has a test tomorrow and we’ll see. He is a question mark.
“Apart from that, nobody is back. Andrey Arshavin is out. Everyone else - Gallas, Fabregas, Almunia, Denilson - is still out too.”
“Djourou has a little chance,” he said. “But Gibbs will be very short.”
TV Online will publish the full video interview with Arsène Wenger on Friday morning. In it he talks about:
- how he has approached this week
- the nature of the defeat at Wigan
- the criticism that has come the Club’s way
- his transfer funds this summer
- the need to secure a top-three finish
- the return of Vieira, Toure and Adebayor
- staying calm ahead of the game against Man City